Installing UI.X 2
Please make sure that the theme version you are updating or installing is compatible with the XenForo version you have. You can check this by making sure the first 3 numbers on the XenForo version and theme version match. Any additional numbers do not apply. For example, UI.X 184.108.40.206.0 is compatible with XF 2.1.1. If an incompatible theme is installed or updated the theme may not work as intended.
Install & Upgrade (Recommended)
To install using Install & Upgrade, please refer to the Install & Upgrade documentation.
Installing UI.X 2 Manually
- Be sure that you grab the UI.X 2 Add-on before you install the theme as it is required for theme functionality. You can install the UI.X 2 Add-on with Install & Upgrade.
- Download the skin from your customer area. You will be asked to provide some information before downloading. Once you download, save the .zip file somewhere you are familiar with.
- Next, you will want to extract the files to a place on your computer that you will remember. Inside the downloaded folder are a number of other folders such as /PSDs/ and /Upload/. If there is an /Upload/ folder, upload the contents of /Upload/ into your root XenForo directory using an FTP program such as FileZilla.
- You will next want to import the .xml file, normally named style-[PRODUCT-NAME].xml (style-UI.X.xml in this example's case). To do this, you will need to log into your XenForo control panel and select the Appearances tab. Click the Import a Style link, choose the .xml file (that you downloaded from Audentio.com).
If this is your first installation, set the 'Import as' field to 'Child of style: (no parent style)'. (Other listed options come in handy for product updates from ThemeHouse.) Finally, click Import.
- Now that you've imported your ThemeHouse XenForo theme, create a child skin of that theme. (This step preserves the theme's configuration and is critical for seamless product updates.) Go to your XenForo installation Admin Control Panel and select the Appearances tab. Now, click on the Styles tile button. Click the + Create New Style button.
Set the Parent Style field to '[Theme Name]', name the child, and click Save Style.
Be sure to have the UI.X 2 Add-on installed as it is still required even when installing the theme manually.
Installing UI.X 2 with the UI.X 2 add-on
This option still works, however we now suggest using Install & Upgrade instead.
- Your first step is to download the add-on from your customer area. Navigate to one of your purchases before looking for the green download button. Click on that to grab the UI.X 2 Add-on files.
- Next, you will want to extract the files. After that is done you will need to upload the contents inside the upload folder into your root XenForo directory.
- Go to your Admin CP before navigating to the Add-ons menu. Click “Add-ons”, you should see the UI.X Add-on with an Install button next to it. Click on that as it should then automatically install.
- Congratulations! You have officially installed the UI.X 2 add-on on your site. From there, click on the cog icon before clicking the options tab that shows on the drop-down.
- Before the add-on will allow you to download any style, you must set an API key. You can find the API key in your customer area on ThemeHouse. Navigate to your account dashboard > Account > API > Generate an API key before copying it.
- Paste your API Key in the field titled API Key under [UI.X] General options in your board options, and then navigate to the section titled ThemeHouse styles under Appearance.
You will see a list of all themes available to download through the add-on. If you have already purchased UI.X 2, simply click the install link. After you've got it installed and working, you might want to check out some of the amazing features that come with this product. Click any of the links on the side to jump to that section.
If you need assistance installing the add-on or would prefer us to handle it for you, you can create a ticket.
All custom style edits should be made to this child skin - not to Default the primary UI.X 2 theme.
UI.X 2 Dark includes a child based xml file which can be used to make edits to the theme instead of the primary theme. This xml can be found in the UI.X 2 Dark release package. All settings are shared with this xml and other xml's that are UI.X 2 based.
After you've got it installed and working, you might want to check out some of the amazing features that come with this product. Click any of the links on the side to jump to that section.
If you need assistance getting the add-on installed or would prefer us to handle it for you, you can create a ticket.